Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's been a while...

Some people have noticed that I've been pretty quiet lately. Not only on this blog, but on Facebook and Twitter as well. It probably rings true in my everyday communications as well. I've probably talked, text and emailed less in the past month. Why? There are several reasons and I'm going to hide my reasoning behind "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." That pretty much sums it up from all angles.

That being said, today is a new day. I can't believe the month of June is half over already. This year is half over already and that is nuts for me to think about. The first half of this year has been rough as you know, if you've been following along. I'm hoping that the second half is going to be better. I'm writing today with a tad bit more relief than I've had in the past seven months. I accepted a job offer today, so a new venture is about to begin. It is not the path in which I was hoping these months would lead me, but I also know that nothing is permanent, and everything is temporary. So...I'm going to make the best of this new situation and work on picking myself back up. Where it may lead me...no one knows. (insert background music...I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For) ;)

I'm still working on understanding a lot of what has happened in the past seven months. I certainly can't rationalize everything, but I do believe things happen for a reason. My goal is to learn from them and become a better version of me.

"Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong

I've learned a lot about who is in my corner and I appreciate the friends and family that have stood by me during this difficult time. I hope that I am able to pay it forward.

"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites." -Marc Chagall

No comments:

Post a Comment