Monday, August 27, 2012

Lost in Venice

I woke up feeling excited and blessed this morning to watch the sun rising from my 6th floor hotel room over the mountains along the Pacific coast. It's certainly not every day I watch the sun rise, let alone with this view. I got myself up did a little work, went for a nice walk to nearest grocery store (which is nearly a mile away), and came back to do a little more work. I decided to take a break and go down and enjoy the nice pool and California sunshine. Without sunscreen. Oops. Big no-no. My arms and chest look lobster-ish. Not good. Brimming with anticipation to see something or someplace new while I'm hear, I tore myself away from the relaxing poolside and made my way to the Venice Beach boardwalk. Um...okay, so it was someplace new, but yikes. I was not prepared for this. It was crazy. In order to avoid the street performers begging for money, I took a nice barefoot walk along the beach. In a desperate attempt to find some good shopping, I started wandering the streets of Venice. Bad idea. I got lost, and let me tell you...there are some shady streets in Venice, and I found them. I was pretty sure I was going to die at one point. Thankfully, I made it back to the hotel alive, but 3 miles and more than an hour later. Not exactly the adventure I was looking for today. However, I got to see the Pacific ocean and that in itself was pretty awesome.



Even still....I found myself feeling sad this evening. Sad because, no matter how great it is to see new sights and explore new places, it's just not the same doing it alone. I want to be able to share these experiences with someone. Someone special. I know that the root of a healthy relationship is finding happiness within yourself, and I am working on that. Still...it would be nice to have someone to share sun rises, long lost walks, sun burns and new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment